Der Zeitraum gemeinsamer Auftritte beginnt 2012; anfangs mit separaten
Projekten. Als Roboterjazz ab 2018.
Q: Is the Sensor32 array a Theremin?
A: No, not.....In this demo video my intention was to show smooth fading without sound (avoid those misunderstandings like Theremin.....) In this video "noTheremin" Sensor32 is used exclusively to conduct 12 indvidual light bulbs, each flashing in different speed (rhythm).
Q: In Facebook the DJane from Estonia asks: can it be a light show?
A:Answer yes, as soon as there is sound to it (which is technically ready)
Q: How does it compare to a theremin?
A: It is polyphonic, can control any parameter in multimedia and sound synthesis. The resolution may be weaker but at the same time may be easier to play.....depends on the control software. If you insist in the term Theremin: sensor32 represents 16 Theremins ;-)
Q: To Roger Nov2, 2022, Facebook. He proposed a link to a performance on a historic Thermin
A: My comments in Facebook, (to Roger Nov2, 2022)
Dear Roger, thank you for your interest in sensor32. Your example film shows the virtuoso use of a real Theremin. One hears a unanimously artfully ornamented melody (single voice, two parameters: pitch and volume). I don't start from the Theremin. But if you really want to compare it, it would be 16 theremins (however not RF waves contolled but infrared distance). With some training, you should be able to play in two voices, the volumes with your lower legs. Even more voices for more people at the same time. My interest is in live computer music. Basically I am interested in improvisation with more than two parameters! Imagine a soundscape that I dive into with my whole body. More text can be found at www.sensor32.com
1. Describe your instrument in one sentence
2. What inspired you to build it?
3. Were you inspired by a particular instrument maker/invention?
4.How long did you work on your instrument?
5. Do you have plans to pass on/perform with the instrument after the competition?
6. What experience do you have in instrument making?
7. What did you learn while making the instrument?
8. Advice for young instrument makers?
1. Control a large number of continuous electronic parameters very spontaneously and directly with the whole body at the same time for sound, rhythm, space, visuals, etc.
2. Two shortcomings of loudspeaker music: (ad hoc) composing and instrumental creation of sound remain imperceptible.
3. Unconsciously by Therem and more likely by Matthews Radio Baton and Christina Kubisch.
4. One year
5. I myself play concerts e.g. at MOXSonic 2023 and in a duet with flutist Karina Erhard again and again in Munich and elsewhere.
6. I have never built real instruments, but have automated quite a few (interactive) instruments since 2012
7. Specifically PCB design with KiCad
8. He who makes what everyone makes gets what everyone gets (stock market wisdom, here on the subject of originality, authenticity).
Presentation Foils: More Parameters for Your Music in Real Time (MOXSonic Festival March 2023)
Backstage Oct 3, 2022
at NYU´s Garage performance space in Brooklyn.
Setting up sensor32 array.
Releases from the 1990ies and K7-scene: klick for Discogs listings
Youtube Eigenklang Roboterjazz
Noten/Score Download "Loops " für Piano Solo von 2003